NYX COSMETICS Ultimate Shadow BRIGHTS Palette Review ❀






Hello beauties,
how are you doing? It's July, which means "exam session". And "exam session" means "studying everyday non-stop". Please, wish me good luck D:.
Anyway, this post is about a Nyx Cosmetics product, the Ultimate Shadow palette in BRIGHTS.
I've been a lot more into colorful looks lately, so I decided to get this palette in order to experiment.
The palette comes in a black, simple, square packaging. There are 16 different colours, some of them are matte, and some are shimmery. The pigmentation is pretty good, even though a couple of colours don't show off very well. For the swatches, I applied a waterproof cream eyeshadow beforehand. It is from Nabla Cosmetics, and I use it as a primer.

Photo taken with flash

Photo taken with natural light

Swatches of the first two rows

With flash



The first colour (from left to right) is a shimmery red. I am a little disappointed, because I thought it was more vibrant.
The second colour is a matte rich fuchsia.
Then, we have a neon orange shade (which is not very pigmented), and a matte orange one.
The second row is all about purple: a slightly shimmery purple; a "cyclamen" purple; a matte pink, and a lilac shade which cannot be paler.
Next, there are a matte indigo (it's one of my favorite shades of the palette); a matte and rich bice; a jade, and a celeste.
The last row is composed of a fresh green; a lime; and two yellow shades. Same issue with the red eyeshadow here. I have always wanted an intense, high-pigmented yellow colour, but my desire couldn't be fulfilled. The colour is buildable, but it takes some time.

Once applied, the eyeshadows stay on for a loooong time. Only if you use a primer, hehe.
For the price I paid, I am quite satisfied with this product. To be honest, I still have to decide whether I love it or not. Some colours are great, others are disappointing. Would I recommend it? Well, it's a good palette, you have some cool "rainbow" colours, the price is not too high, and the lasting power is okay... Let's say that the decision is up to you, ;).

Pro: the lasting is good, the colours are pretty. Some are pigmented, some not that much.
Con: the pigmentation of some shades.
Rating: 7.5/10
Price: 19.70 

Have you ever tried this Nyx palette? If not, would you like to try it?
Let me know in the comment section down below!
Kiss kiss,
Livia 


Stalk Me on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top and Worst Essence Products (Review) ✦!

How To Achieve the "Byojaku Face" Look!

KIKO Eyebrow Sculpt Automatic Pencil REVIEW ღ